Rietvallei Estate Chenin Blanc 2014

Rietvallei Estate Chenin Blanc 2014

This is a dry but fruity Chenin Blanc with intense aromas of dried apple, fresh citrus and a touch of oak spice. The palate is rich and creamy with a firm but balanced acidity, complemented with a lingering aftertaste that seem to last for ever.

Pair with any seafood or poultry dishes. Great with grilled fish!! Serve chilled (7° - 10° C).

variety : Chenin Blanc [ 100% Chenin Blanc ]
winemaker : Kobus Burger
wine of origin : Robertson
analysis : alc : 12.80 % vol  rs : 4.3 g/l  pH : 3.18  ta : 6.8 g/l  va : 0.31 g/l  so2 : 139 mg/l  fso2 : 47 mg/l  
type : White  style : Dry  body : Full  taste : Fruity  
pack : Bottle  size : 750ml  closure : Screwcap  

AWARDS

2015 Gold Wine Awards - Gold

in the vineyard : The vineyard was planted in 1948, the third oldest vineyard of its kind in South Africa. The vines thrive in deep Red Karoo soil are semi-trellised and are under micro irrigation.

about the harvest: The grapes were harvested at night at optimum ripeness at 22.5 ºBalling (Brix).

in the cellar : In the cellar only the free-run juice is selected and allowed to cold settle for three days. The clean juice is then racked and 25% is taken to old 300 liter French Oak barrels to ferment naturally. The other 75% ferments in stainless steel tanks with a special cultivated yeast where the fermentation temperature is controlled between 15-17 ºC. After fermentation both components are left on the primary fermentation lease for three months, stirring once a week. The wine is then racked and blended and left to mature for another month on the fine lease before fining, stabilizing and bottling.

OTHER VINTAGES - not for sale

Chenin Blanc
Chenin Blanc
Chenin Blanc
Chenin Blanc