Avontuur Dominion Royale Shiraz Reserve 2008

Avontuur Dominion Royale Shiraz Reserve 2008

Colour: Full bodied, inky purple heart.
Aroma: Forthcoming with cigar box, molasses and hints of ripe purple plums.
Flavour: Interesting white pepper, cloves and cinnamon on the nose initially. This is followed through with plums and leather that add complexity.
Finish: Good structure and balance with a velvety finish.

Created to complement flavourful red meat dishes like springbok, ostrich or Karoo lamb. Also good with Beef Stroganoff and Tomato bredie.

variety : Shiraz [ 100% Shiraz ]
winery : Avontuur Estate
winemaker : Natalie Nel
wine of origin : Stellenbosch
analysis : alc : 15.5 % vol  rs : 2.5 g/l  pH : 3.7  ta : 4.5 g/l  
type : Red  style : Dry   wooded
pack : Bottle  closure : Cork  

ageing : Drink now till 2015.

about the harvest: Harvested on 13 March 2009 at full ripeness of 25° Balling.

in the cellar : The grapes were de-stemmed and cold-soaked for 2 days. It was inoculated with yeast and pumped over regularly. Malolatic fermentation occured in new French oak and American oak barrels. 40% was American oak and the other 60% was in new and 2nd fill French oak. After 13 months the wines was lightly filtered and bottled.