Rupert & Rothschild Baroness Nadine 2005

Rupert & Rothschild Baroness Nadine 2005

An exquisite bouquet of citrus oil, orange blossom and pineapple complimented by mineral notes. Fresh and generous, the palate displays a seamless texture followed by a lingering aftertaste with undertones of nougat and roasted walnut.

Recommended with veal carpaccio with rocket and shavings of parmesan, drizzled with olive oil. This wine can also be enjoyed with a zesty lemon tart.

variety : Chardonnay [ 100% Chardonnay. ]
winemaker : Schalk-Willem Joubert
wine of origin : Western Cape
analysis : alc : 14.5 % vol  rs : 1.8 g/l  pH : 3.26  ta : 5.8 g/l  
type : White  style : Dry  taste : Fruity   wooded
pack : Bottle  

ageing : 2-3 years from vintage.

in the vineyard : Cultivar: Chardonnay 100%.
Situation: Cape Point, Elgin.
Appellation: Western Cape.
Altitude: Average 150m.
Soil type: Gravel, decomposed sandstone and limestone.
Rootstock: R110.
Age of vines: 6-8 years.
Trellising: 5 wire Perold trellis system.
Irrigation: Drip irrigation.

about the harvest: The grapes were harvested from beginning to mid March 2005.
Method of harvesting: The grapes were hand-picked in 20kg bins.
Yield: 4 ton per hectare.

in the cellar : The grapes were sorted by hand in the vineyard. After whole cluster pressing only the free-run juice was used. 80% of the juice was fermented in 225 and 500 litre French oak barrels. The remaining 20% was fermented in stainless steel tanks and blended back as a fresh component. 100% of the wine underwent malolactic fermentation. One-third of the wine was matured in new French oak barrels and the remainder in second fill barrels. The wine underwent battonage while on the primary lees for 9 months.

Ageing in Barrel: 12 months.
Oak type: 225 and 500 litre French oak barrels.
Blending: March 2006.
Bottled: August 2006.
Production: 3,000 cases 6x750ml.

OTHER VINTAGES - not for sale

Chardonnay
Chardonnay
Chardonnay
Chardonnay
Chardonnay
Chardonnay
Chardonnay
Chardonnay
Chardonnay
Chardonnay
Chardonnay
Chardonnay
Chardonnay
Chardonnay
Chardonnay
Chardonnay
Chardonnay
Chardonnay
Chardonnay