buy wine online and get it delivered to your door with delivery included

R985 for 6 bottles

R164 per bottle
 ADD
Diemersfontein Carpe Diem Viognier 2018

Diemersfontein Carpe Diem Viognier 2018

Apricots, orange peel, citrus and biscuit aromas explodes in the glass and then follow through to the palate for a rich mouth feel with a lingering orange marmalade aftertaste.

Viognier is a food wine and complements a whole array of dishes.
It loves spice and would be a great match for mild, creamy curries and spicy noodle dishes like Pad Thai. It also goes very well with a Chicken tagine or poached Salmon.


variety : Viognier [ 100% Viognier ]
winemaker : Francois Roode/Brett Rightford
wine of origin : Wellington
analysis : alc : 14 % vol  rs : 2.6 g/l  pH : 3.36  ta : 5.7 g/l  
type : White  style : Off Dry   wooded
pack : Bottle  size : 750ml  closure : Cork  

AWARDS

Platter 4 Star
2019 Top 100 SA Wines Double Platinum
2019 Old Mutual Trophy Wine Show - Bronze

in the vineyard : 

North Cartreff soils, i.e. Sand topsoils and Shale subsoils.

about the harvest: 

Grapes were harvested very ripe.

in the cellar : 

Settled for 24 hours at 10-12°C after which it was racked and inoculated. Slow alcoholic fermentation at 14 - 16°C in tank. 30% was fermented in new and 2nd fill 300L French oak barrels and the remaining 70% in stainless steel tanks. Making use of different yeast strains adds to the overall complexity of the wine. Wine was kept on the lees and stirred twice a week for the first 2 months to add to the mouthfeel and wood integration of the wine.

OTHER VINTAGES - not for sale

Viognier
Viognier
Viognier
Viognier
Viognier
Viognier
Viognier
Viognier
Viognier